Tuesday, January 22, 2013

370 Days

That's right. I last wrote a blog post 370 days ago. In the meantime, I had a stroke on May 15, 2012, one week after primary election day here in North Carolina. The neurosurgeon released me after a couple of months, recovered.

The year flew by, as I worked as Legal and Compliance Director and Treasurer of Elisabeth Motsinger for Congress. Along with our great and diligent bookkeeper, Kathy Milby, we are finishing the regulatory paperwork and closing up the office.  The campaign was a truly remarkable experience, although it consumed us day and night for 14 months. We kept it clean, did very well in a heavily GOP district against an entrenched representative, and made a great number of new friends.  To us, it was a win!

Back to the real world now. Now I can say "yes" to clients who are looking for a better way to resolve life situations such as arranging how to care for elder family members or how to end a marriage without devastating court fights over kids, property and money.  You know, handling the situations as rational, caring adults.

There's still much to do and I must get back to it to meet our January 31 deadline. So this one ends, but I'll have a new post "directly," as my grandmother used to say. As my stalwart Kathy says, "Bye, now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment